Stir-Fried Beef & Spicy Veggies with Peanut Sauce
Prep time 5 minutes
Cook time 10 minutes
Ready in 15 minutes
Makes 4 servings
- 1 (8.8 oz) package 90-second white rice
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 lb ground beef
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 (12 oz) package sliced fresh bell peppers
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 cup chopped roasted peanuts
1. Cook the rice according to package directions.
2. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a skillet or wok and stir-fry the meat 5 minutes. Add the cabbage and half the sliced peppers and stir-fry 4 minutes. Ad the peanut butter, soy sauce, red pepper flakes and honey and stir-fry 1 minute, adding a little water if too dry. Add the rest of the bell peppers. Serve with rice and chopped peanuts.
If you’ve got a few extra minutes, sauté shredded unsweetened coconut in a little oil until golden and sprinkle over the stir-fry.
Per serving: 351 calories, 18g fat, 5g saturated fat, 39mg cholesterol, 716mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate, 3g fiber, 9g sugar, 17g protein