Asparagus, Bacon & Tomato Tart
Prep time 15 minutes
Cook time 15 minutes
Ready in 30 minutes
Makes 4 servings
- 1 (16 oz) pkg pizza dough
- 3/4 cup low-fat sour cream
- 2 teaspoons nutmeg
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 7 slices precooked bacon
- 4 oz grated Gruyere cheese
- 1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup parsley
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F and roll the pizza dough to fit a parchment-lined baking sheet.
2. Mix the sour cream, nutmeg, salt (in moderation) and pepper and spread over the pastry, leaving a 1/2-inch border.
3. Remove the woody ends of the asparagus and halve the stalks lengthwise. Cut into pieces. Cut the bacon into pieces.
4. Divide the bacon and asparagus over the dough and sprinkle with the grated cheese. Bake approx. 15 minutes, or until golden brown.
5. While tart is baking, halve the tomatoes and chop the parsley. Top the tart with the tomatoes and parsley. Serve immediately.
Replace the Gruyere with 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese.
Per serving: 609 calories, 25g fat, 10g saturated fat, 64mg cholesterol, 724mg sodium, 76g carbohydrate, 5g fiber, 7g sugar, 27g protein