Prep time 10 minutes
Cook time 20 minutes
Ready in 30 minutes
Makes 6 servings
- 2 lbs carrots, peeled and sliced into chunks
- 2 tablespoons Kosher for Passover potato or tapioca starch
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh mint leaves, plus sprigs for garnish
1. Place carrots and 1 cup of water in a medium skillet. Cover and bring to a simmer. Steam until just tender, about 15 minutes.
2. While carrots steam, in a bowl, mix starch with 1/4 cup water until dissolved. Whisk in honey, ginger and salt (in moderation). Set aside.
3. Drain the carrots and return to skillet over low heat. Pour in the honey mixture and stir until the mixture thickens, about 5 minutes. Sprinkle with fresh mint and garnish with extra sprigs.
Skip the glazed carrots and simply add 1 lb. whole, peeled carrots to the brisket recipe.
Per serving: 160 calories, 1g fat, 1g saturated fat,0 mg cholesterol, 107mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate, 5g fiber, 30g sugar, 2g protein