Grilled Summer Vegetables with Chicken
Prep time 15 minutes
Cook time 15 minutes
Ready in 30 minutes
Makes 4 servings
- 1 zucchini
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 2 small red onions
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 3 roasted chicken breasts (about 3/4 lb)
- 2 tbsp dried herbes de Provence
1. Fire up the grill. Cut the zucchini into diagonal slices, the peppers into chunks, the onions into rings.
2. Mix the cut vegetables with garlic and the oil and transfer to a grill basket. Cook 15 min. on the grill.
3. Cut the chicken breasts in big chunks. Core the tomato and dice into 1/2 inch pieces. Roughly chop the cilantro. Add the avocado, tomato, cilantro and Tabasco to the bowl containing the lemon and oil. Toss well and season with salt (in moderation) and pepper to taste.
4. Put the vegetables on a platter, top with the chicken and sprinkle with the herbs.
1. If you’d rather not chop the vegetables, just cut them in large pieces, toss with oil and place straight on the grill, using tongs to turn as needed.
2. Serve with ciabatta or baguette toasted on the grill.
315 calories, 21g fat, 4g saturated fat, 0mg cholesterol, 212mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate, 3g fiber, 3g sugars, 24g protein