Grilled Vegetable Frittata
Prep time 15 minutes
Cook time 25 minutes
Ready in 40 minutes
Makes 6 servings
- reserved grilled vegetables
- 12 large eggs
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Coarsely chop the reserved grilled vegetables (you should have about 2 1/4 cups chopped).
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk and basil. Stir in the goat cheese. Season with salt (in moderation) and pepper; set aside.
3. Heat the olive oil in a 12-inch ovenproof nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic
and cook, stirring until softened, about 2 min. Add the chopped vegetables and cook until warmed through. Pour the egg mixture over the vegetables and continue to cook until the edges are set, about 5 min.
4. Transfer the pan to the oven and bake until the frittata is golden and the center is set, 20–25 min. Remove the frittata from the oven and set aside to cool slightly. Cut into wedges and serve warm or cool completely and serve at room temperature.
This hearty Italian-style omelet is a brilliant way to use up leftovers. Serve this straight from the oven, at room temperature or cold.
414 calories, 31g fat, 10g saturated fat, 533mg cholesterol, 340mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate, 5g fiber, 5g sugars, 23g protein