Mississippi Mud Pie
Prep time 45 minutes
Cook time 45 inutes
Ready in 5 hours
Makes 12 servings
- 15 chocolate sandwich cookies
- 1⁄2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tbsp bourbon (optional)
- 1 (12 oz) pkg premium bittersweet chocolate chips, divided
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 tsp kosher salt
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup mascarpone or cream cheese
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tbsp confectioners’ sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 300oF. Line the bottom of a greased 9-inch springform pan with a circle
of parchment paper and place pan on a foil-lined baking sheet.
2. Crush cookies in a food processor. Add half the melted butter (1/4 cup) and bourbon, if using; pulse until mixed. Press mixture in an even layer on the bottom of the pan and about 1⁄2 inch up the sides. Cover the pan and chill.
3. Mix 1/3 of the chocolate chips into the melted butter. Stir until melted and smooth.
4. Beat the eggs, sugar and salt until creamy and thick, about 5 min. Add the vanilla extract, chocolate mixture and mascarpone. Beat until smooth.
5. Pour the mixture into the chilled cookie crust and bake in the middle of the oven until the filling is puffed and just set, about 45 min. Turn off the heat and leave the cake in the oven for 11⁄2 hours. Cool the cake on a wire rack.
6. While cake cools, heat cream in a small saucepan until simmering. Remove from heat and stir in remaining chocolate chips, stirring until smooth. Pour over cooled cake and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
7. Before serving, sprinkle the cake with confectioners’ sugar.
1. This amazingly rich pie needs time to chill, so plan ahead.
2. Replace the ganache with one of the toppings at left, if you like.
400 calories, 31g fat, 16g saturated fat, 96mg cholesterol, 219mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate, 2g fiber, 14g sugars, 5g protein