Asian Noodle Salad with Shrimp, Watercress & Mango
Prep time 15 minutes
Cook time 10 minutes
Ready in 25 minutes
Makes 4 servings
- 9 oz rice noodles
- 1 red chili pepper
- 1 ripe mango
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 (4oz) bag watercress
- 1/2 lb pre-cooked shrimp
- 1/2 cup sesame ginger lowfat salad dressing
- mint leaves, to garnish
1. Cook the rice noodles, following the instructions on the package.
2. Cut and remove the stem of the chili pepper, and remove seeds. Thinly slice pepper at an angle, into rings.
3. Peel the mango, cut the flesh from the stone and thinly slice. Remove the seeds and membrane from the red bell pepper and dice the flesh. Roughly chop the watercress.
4. Place the rice noodles and watercress into 4 bowls, followed by the chili pepper, mango, bell pepper and shrimp. Sprinkle with the dressing and garnish with the mint leaves.
1. The trick to this refreshing salad is letting others do the work: Buy precooked shrimp and precut mango. The rice noodles cook in a snap.
2. For extra crunch, add a few roasted peanuts.
362 calories, 3g fat, 0g saturated fat, 72mg cholesterol, 716mg sodium, 67g carbohydrate, 3g fiber, 14g sugars, 12g protein