Thai-Style Chicken & Coleslaw with Pita Bread
Prep time 15 minutes
Cook time 10 minutes
Ready in 25 minutes
Makes 4 servings
- 14 oz boneless, skinless chicken breast, diced 1 inch x 1 inch
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 2 tbsp Thai green chilipaste
- 1/2 napa cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 8 oz carrots, grated
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 4 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 4 pita breads
- 1 green onion, sliced
1. Over medium heat, fry the chicken in the canola oil, stirring frequently, for 5 min. or until cooked through. Add the green curry and brown sugar, combine well and set aside.
2. Place the cabbage, carrot and bell pepper in a large dish. Mix the mayonnaise, soy sauce and sesame oil in a small bowl and combine with the vegetables.
3. Add the chicken and ensure all the ingredients are coated with the dressing.
4. Grill the pita breads until crisp.
5. Sprinkle the salad with the green onion and serve together with the pita breads.
If you want to have extra for packed lunches, double the recipe but do not add the dressing. Store both the salad and dressing in the refrigerator in covered containers.
538 calories, 25g fat, 3g saturated fat, 79mg cholesterol, 1034mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate, 4g fiber, 8g sugars, 31g protein