1. Heat the olive oil in a medium Dutch oven or soup pot over medium heat. When hot, add the onion and cook for about 4 minutes or until soft and translucent. Add the garlic, cumin, and paprika and cook for 1 minute until fragrant.
2. Stir in the chipotles, adobo sauce, pinto beans, crushed tomatoes, 1 1/2 cups chicken broth, vinegar, and honey. Bring to a boil, then lower to a simmer and add the chicken. Cover the pot with a lid and cook for 20 minutes.
3. Remove the chicken from the pot and transfer to a cutting board. Using two forks, shred the meat into small pieces. Return the shredded chicken to the pot and simmer for 5 minutes more. Taste the stew and season with a little extra salt if necessary. (If your stew is too thick, add another ½ cup chicken broth.)
4. Ladle the stew into bowls and serve garnished with cheese pineapple and cilantro.
1. This stew is spicy. If you’re sensitive to heat, use a 1/2-1 pepper OR seed the pepper before chopping.
2. Feel free to use whatever beans you have on hand. Black beans, kidney beans, and Great Northern beans are all great substitutions.