Cauliflower & Quinoa Salad with Feta
Prep time 15 minutes
Cook time 10 minutes
Ready in 25 minutes
Makes 4 servings
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1 bunch radishes
- 5 tbsp canola oil
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1 (8.8 oz) pkg garlic naan
- 4 tbsp quinoa
- 1 lb ripe tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1 (6 oz) pkg crumbled feta cheese
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil on high heat. Remove the leaves from the cauliflower and cut out the core. Break the cauliflower into florettes. Cook for 3 min. and then drain. Trim and wash the radishes and cut into quarters.
2. Heat 2 tbsp of oil in a large frying pan or wok, over medium heat. Add the cumin and curry powder and toast for 30 sec. Add the quinoa and cook, stir- ring frequently, for 3 min. or until the quinoa is crisp. Add the cauliflower, increase the heat and stir- fry for another 2 min. Transfer to a large dish. Wipe out the frying pan with a paper towel.
3. Pour the remaining oil into the frying pan.
4. Tear the naan into pieces and stir-fry over medium heat until crisp.
5. Add the fried naan, together with the chopped tomatoes, radishes, and cilantro to the salad and combine well. Crumble the feta cheese over the dish and serve immediately.
Make sure not to overcook the cauliflower – it should be crisp-tender.
540 calories, 30g fat, 8g saturated fat, 38mg cholesterol, 853mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate, 8g fiber, 12g sugars, 18g protein