Summer Nacho Salad with Smoked Turkey
Prep time 15 minutes
Cook time 6 minutes
Ready in 21 minutes
Makes 8 servings
- 1 large red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 (16 oz) jar salsa
- 1 (14 oz) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 (14 oz) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 ripe avocado, halved, pit removed
- 1 head romaine lettuce, roughly chopped
- 8 oz sliced smoked deli turkey breast, cut into strips
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese
- 1 (13 oz) bag tortilla chips
1. In a large skillet, over medium heat, fry the onion in the olive oil for 5 min., stirring occasionally. Add the cumin and after another minute stir in the salsa. Remove the pan from the heat.
2. Combine the chickpeas and black beans with the salsa, set aside.
3. Using a spoon, scoop out the avocado. Cut into slices or chunks.
4. Place the lettuce on a large serving dish and layer over the bean mixture, turkey, avocado and cheese. Serve with chips for scooping.
Get a head start on dinner: Make the salad through Step 2 in the morning. Cover and refrigerate. Finish the recipe right before serving.
495 calories, 23g fat, 4g saturated fat, 36mg cholesterol, 1003mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate, 13g fiber, 11g sugars, 22g protein