1. Cook the corn for 9 minutes in the microwave in the husks. Let cool, remove husks and drizzle corn with extra virgin olive oil.
2. Broil on high for 15-20 minutes, rotating to char all sides of the corn. Set aside to cool then cut the corn off the cob and set aside.
3. In a large sauté pan, cook the chorizo on medium for 5 minutes until it becomes crispy and the fat is rendered.
4. Remove from the pan and throw in the onions, garlic and red pepper with a little more extra virgin olive oil. Add in the salt, pepper, cumin and chili powder.
5. Sweat the vegetables on medium low for 5 minutes and set aside to cool.
6. Combine all of the ingredients in a crock pot and cook on low for 8 hours or high for 4 hours.
7. Finish the soup with 1/2 of the lime juice, a handful of chopped cilantro, a dash of hot sauce and crushed tortilla chips.