Slow Cooker Hawaiian Chicken Taco Filling
1. Place chicken in slow cooker along with onion, garlic, ginger, pineapple (with juices), soy sauce, vinegar, ketchup, brown sugar and red pepper flakes.
2. Cook on high for 3-4 hours, until chicken is soft. Remove chicken from slow cooker and shred with two forks. Return to slow cooker.
3. Mix together cornstarch and water in a small bowl and stir into chicken.
4. Cover and cook for another 10-15 minutes, until thickened.
1. In a medium bowl, mix together pineapple, red bell pepper, red onion, cilantro and lime juice.
1. Heat tortillas over direct flame on gas cook top or in a large skillet. Keep warm in a cloth towel.
2. To serve, spoon some Hawaiian Chicken on top of corn tortilla and top with Pineapple Red Pepper Salsa.