Stuffed Turkey Breast
Prep time 20 minutes
Cook time 1 hour, 30 minutes
Ready in 1 hour, 50 minutes
Makes 6 servings
- 1 (5 oz) pkg fresh spinach
- 1 shallot
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup + 1 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 (5 lb) bone-in turkey breast
- kitchen twine
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Roughly chop the spinach. Dice the shallot and the garlic. Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in a large, heavy skillet and cook onions for 3 minutes or until translucent. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minutes Season with salt (in moderation) and pepper. Add the spinach by handfuls and stir until wilted. Stir in the ricotta and Parmesan, and cook for 5 minutes or until mixture reduces and thickens slightly.
2. While filling cooks, set the turkey breast on a cutting board. Use a sharp knife to carefully cut off the bone. Next, cut a deep pocket into the side of the breast, taking care not to cut completely through the turkey. Use a spoon to stuff the cavity with the spinach mixture.
3. Use kitchen twine to tie the turkey breast together (this doesn’t need to look pretty, as you’ll be removing it before serving). Drizzle 3 tbsp olive oil on top and sprinkle with salt (in moderation) and pepper. Roast for 1 hour and 30 minutes, or until the skin is golden brown and an internal thermometer inserted in the center of the turkey reads 165°F. Cover loosely with foil and allow to rest before serving.
Don’t be afraid to get your hands dirty when making this stuffed turkey breast. Just be sure to wash them after handling the uncooked bird!
Per serving: 748 calories, 41g fat, 13g saturated fat, 249mg cholesterol, 378mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate, 1g fiber, 1g sugar, 84g protein