Classic Turkey Pot Pie
Prep time 10 minutes
Cook time 20 minutes
Ready in 30 minutes
Makes 6 servings
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp flour
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups shredded cooked turkey
- 1 (16 oz) bag frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed (from a 17.3 oz pkg)
1. Preheat the oven to 425°F. In a large saucepan, melt the butter. Stir in the flour and cook for 2 minutes. Gradually whisk in the chicken stock and stir until sauce thickens, about 3 minutes. Add the shredded turkey and frozen vegetables and simmer 3 minutes. Remove from heat.
2. Spoon the turkey and vegetables into a greased 8x8-inch casserole dish. Drape the puff pastry sheet over the filling and fold edges under to fit. Crimp the edges and cut 2 or more vents in the center of the crust. Set on a baking sheet and cook on the center rack for 20 minutes, or until pastry is golden brown and filling begins to bubble.
To make this pastry really shine, beat 1 egg with 1 tbsp water and brush the mixture onto the pot pie’s crust before baking.
Per serving: 626 calories, 39g fat, 11g saturated fat, 51mg cholesterol, 596mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate, 4g fiber, 1g sugar, 21g protein