Tex-Mex Twice-Baked Sweet Potatoes
Prep time 5 minutes
Cook time 25 minutes
Ready in 30 minutes
Makes 4 servings
- 1 (24 oz) pkg Simply Spuds steamable sweet potatoes
- 1/2 (14 oz) pkg kielbasa, diced
- 1 cup corn kernels (fresh or frozen)
- 1 (4.5 oz) can green chilies
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1. Prepare the sweet potatoes according to package directions. Meanwhile heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the diced sausage and brown on all sides.
2. Add the corn and green chilies, mix well, and continue to cook for another 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and place in a bowl.
3. Carefully cut the potatoes in half lengthwise. Use a small spoon to scoop out the center, leaving 1/8-inch of rim of the remaining potato, and add to the bowl with sausage mixture. Mix well, and spoon filling back into potato skins. Top each potato with Cheddar cheese, and place back on baking tray. Broil for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Serve with jalapeños for extra spice.
Per Serving: 408 calories, 19g fat, 9g saturated fat, 64mg cholesterol, 1033mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate, 5g fiber, 16g sugars, 17g protein