1. Clean and partially peel the skin from the eggplant and cut into 1/2 in thick slices.
2. Brush olive oil on each slice and season with a pinch of salt and pepper on both sides.
3. Brush a little bit of vegetable oil on cast iron grill pan and heat i on medium-high. When it starts to smoke, add the eggplant and cook for 3 minutes per side.
4. Once all of the eggplant is cooked, wrap the pieces in foil and let them steam and finish cooking for 10 minutes.
5. While the eggplant is resting, make the dressing by combining the lemon, feta cheese, oregano, garlic, salt and pepper in a food processor. Blend until combined then slowly drizzle in extra virgin olive oil while the processor is running. Set aside.
6. To serve, drizzle with the lemon feta dressing and top with diced tomatoes and additional feta crumbles if desired.