1. In a large saute pan, heat butter and 1 tbsp of olive oil on medium heat. Make sure the fat is distributed all over the bottom of the pan and carefully lay in the potato rounds.
2. Season the potatoes with the salt, pepper and paprika and cook them for 5 minutes on one side without touching them.
3. Flip them over and cook for another 5 minutes or until tender. Sprinkle with garlic powder and set aside on a cooling rack.
4. Using the same pan, wipe out any residue with a damp paper towel and add in one more tablespoon of olive oil.
5. Throw in the onions and cook on medium low for 3 minutes until they begin to turn translucent. Add in the tomatoes and olives with a pinch of salt and pepper then cook down for 5 minutes, stirring to incorporate all of the ingredients and garnishing with parsley then set aside.
6. Pat dry the rainbow trout then season with a pinch of salt, pepper, paprika and garlic powder.
7. Heat the same saute pan on high for 2 minutes then add in 1 tablespoon of olive oil and 1 tablespoon of butter.
8. Reduce heat to medium high and carefully lay the fish in skin side down. Shake the pan slightly so that as the fish settles it will not stick. Cook for 3 minutes or until the skin is crispy then flip over and cook for an additional 3 minutes.
9. To serve, lay the fish skin side up and dress with the tomato olive mixture and potatoes.