1. Heat the sesame oil in a large wok or non-stick skillet over medium heat. When the oil is hot and shimmering (but not smoking!), add the onion and cook for about 5 minutes until softened and translucent. Add the green beans, grated carrots, garlic and ginger, and cook for 1 minute until the garlic is fragrant.
2. Push the veggies to one side of the pan. Crack the two eggs into the empty side of the pan and scramble with a spatula just until set, about 1-2 minutes. Fold the eggs into the vegetable mixture.
3. Add the brown rice, turkey, soy sauce and rice vinegar to the pan, stirring to combine. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes just until everything is heated through.
4. Serve the un-fried rice warm garnished with scallions (if using).
1. If you’re starting with raw green beans, blanch them in boiling water for 1-2 minutes until bright green, then strain and transfer to a bowl of ice water to stop the cooking.
2. You can also sub thinly sliced Brussels sprouts (raw or cooked) or peas instead of the green beans.
3. Try serving the fried rice topped with a dollop of cranberry sauce. The sweet and savory flavor combo is surprisingly delicious.