Balsamic Portobello Burger with Spinach and Horseradish Cheddar
Prep time 5 minutes
Cook time 20 minutes
Ready in 25 minutes
Makes 4 servings
- 4 large portobello mushrooms
- 1/2 (16 oz) pkg frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 4 oz horseradish cheddar cheese, thinly sliced or shredded
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 4 kaiser rolls
1. Scrape off the gills (brown part) on the underside of the portabellas with a spoon. Drizzle balsamic vinaigrette over the mushrooms and rub in with your hands. (For best results, allow mushrooms to marinate for 5 minutes) Set oven to broil.
2. Place marinated mushrooms on a broiler tray or a rack on a baking pan. Broil on high for 7 minutes or until lightly browned. Flip and broil for an additional 3 minutes.
3. Remove mushrooms from oven, and flip so underside of mushroom cap faces up. Divide the spinach evenly between the mushrooms and top with the cheese. Broil for 1 min. or until cheese is bubbly and melted.
4. Remove from oven, and toast rolls under broiler. Assemble mushroom burgers and serve immediately.
Top with your favorite condiments—barbeque sauce, ketchup, or guacamole.
Per serving: 333 Calories, 12.5g Fat, 6.4g Saturdated Fat 6.3g Sugars, 540mg Sodium, 35 g Carbohydrate, 4.2g fiber, 16.9g protein