Chicken and Green Chili Enchilada Casserole
Prep time 10 minutes
Cook time 20 minutes
Ready in 30 minutes
Makes 8 servings
- 1 rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 1 (4.25 oz) can green chilies
- 2 (10 oz) cans enchilada sauce
- 1 (12 oz) package tortillas
- 2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Toss the chicken with the green chilies until well mixed.
2. Pour half a can of enchilada sauce into the bottom of a 9x13-inch casserole dish. Follow with a layer of tortillas (you can cut or rip the tortillas in half to fully cover edges and gaps). Top the tortillas with half the chicken mixture and 2/3 cup of cheese. Follow with another single layer of tortillas, half a can of enchilada sauce, the remaining chicken, and another 2/3 cup of shredded cheese.
3. Cover the second layer with the remaining tortillas, enchilada sauce, and cheese. Bake for 20 minutes or until cheese is melted and edges are bubbling. For best results, let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Add some kick to this casserole with jalapeños.
Per serving: 444 Calories, 21.7g Fat, 8.2g Saturdated Fat 6.9g Sugars, 1204mg Sodium, 26.4 g Carbohydrate, 2.4g fiber, 31.6g protein