Prep time 8 minutes
Cook time 18 minutes
Ready in 26 minutes
Makes 6 servings
- 1 (1.5 lbs) pkg Nature’s Promise Organic Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs
- 1 (12 oz) bag Nature’s Promise Naturals Medium Raw Shrimp, peeled, deveined, and thawed
- 1 1/2 cups yellow rice
- 1 tbsp Cajun seasoning
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 1 (12 oz) pkg sliced sweet peppers
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 bunch green onions
1. Prepare rice according to package directions. Meanwhile, slice chicken into ½-inch thick strips.
2. In a large bowl, coat chicken with Cajun seasoning and minced garlic. Heat the oil in a large, heavy-bottomed skillet and add the coated chicken. Cook for 4 min. on medium-high heat, turning once.
3. Add the peppers and cook for another 4 min. Add the chicken broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook, covered, for an additional 8 min. Slice the green onions.
4. Add the rice and the shrimp and stir-fry for 2 min., or until shrimp are fully cooked. Garnish with the green onions and serve.
For a fresh finish, serve with chopped parsley.
Per serving: 312 calories, 11g fat, 2g saturated fat, 167mg cholesterol, 825mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate, 2g fiber, 3g sugar, 33g protein