1. Preheat oven to 425°F. Cut the steak into small chunks and toss with flour, salt (in moderation), and pepper, until well-coated.
2. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the oil to the pan, followed by the beef. Cook for 4 min. or until browned, turning occasionally.
3. Add the onions and garlic to the pan. Continue to cook for 2 min. Crumble the bouillon cube into a medium bowl. Add the beer, cornstarch, and mustard. Whisk to combine.
4. Add the beer mixture, peas, and carrots to the pan, while stirring. Turn heat to high and bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium and simmer for 4 min.
5. Pour beef and vegetable mixture into a 9-inch casserole dish. Cover with the puff pastry and trim any excess with a sharp knife or scissors. Separate the egg. In a small bowl, whisk the yolk with 1 tbsp of water, and brush the pastry until it’s completely covered. Place on a baking tray and put into the oven. Cook for 15 min., or until pastry is golden brown and crispy.
Per serving: 614 calories, 36g fat, 10g saturated fat, 91mg cholesterol, 470mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate, 4g fiber, 2g sugar, 24g protein