1. Preheat oven to 250. Combine the salt, brown sugar (3 tsp), black pepper, cayenne pepper (1 tsp) and smoked paprika together.
2. Rub the ribs with the spice mixture and then wrap the ribs in foil. Cook on the middle rack on a sheet pan for 2 hours and 50 minutes. Remove the ribs from the foil, careful not to let any drippings get on the pan.
3. Place the ribs directly on the sheet pan and broil on low for 5 minutes. Remove the ribs from the oven and carefully brush on the barbecue sauce. Add the ribs back into the oven and broil for another 5 minutes, keeping the oven door ajar and making sure the sauce does not burn.
4. Prepare the barbecue sauce by whisking together all of the ingredients in a small pot and cook on medium for 5 minutes. Reduce to a simmer for 10 minutes then set aside.
5. Carefully cut the ribs then serve them on a big platter with additional sauce on the side and enjoy!