1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Peel and cut sweet potatoes, carrots, turnips and parsnips into 1/2" pieces.
3. Place in a large bowl and toss with olive oil, thyme, paprika, salt and pepper.
4. Transfer to a parchment paper lined baking sheet, and spread in a single layer. Roast vegetables for 30 minutes or until vegetables are fork tender.
5. Put roasted vegetables in blender and add vegetable broth. You may need to do this in two batches. Blend until pureed. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Brussel Sprouts Pear Topping
1. In a medium bowl, toss together shredded brussels sprouts, diced bosc pear, walnuts, balsamic vinegar and maple syrup.
1. Ladle soup into soup bowls. Top each bowl with a spoonful of Brussels Sprout Pear Topping.