To make the vegetable filling
1. Heat a tablespoon of olive oil in large skillet over medium high heat. Once hot, add your diced onions and peppers and cook until it starts to soften (about 5 minutes).
2. Once soft, add in minced garlic, sweet potatoes, tomatoes and favorite salsa. Stir to combine all the ingredients, reduce heat to medium low.
3. Cover with tight fitting lid and cook until the sweet potato is tender (about 15 minutes).
4. Uncover and make a well (a hole) in the center of the pan with your vegetables along the edges. Add a little drizzle of olive oil and cook your sausage. As you start to break it up, incorporate it in with the vegetables.
To make your eggs
1. In a large bowl, crack all your eggs and whisk them together with a pinch of salt and pepper.
2. In the same skillet you just cooked your veggies/sausage in, add a little more olive oil and heat over low heat. Pour the eggs into the skillet and top with spinach.
3. Stir until eggs are just about cooked through.
4. Transfer the eggs to a separate bowl and set aside.
To assemble & roll your burritos
1. In order to make sure these burritos are ready to be frozen, make sure all ingredients are room temperature before you start rolling them.
2. Once cooled, lay out a tortilla on a piece of tin foil, add cheese first (very important), then the sweet potato/sausage mixture and finally the eggs (see rolling instructions below.) Make sure to do it in this order or your burritos will be soggy.
1. Roll them up nice and tight! First, make sure your mixture is slightly off center below the center of the tortilla. Also, do not overfill!
2. Then, fold the sides in so they are just about touching.
3. With the sides folded in, carefully bring up the bottom of the tortilla and tuck in the ends while bringing it up.
4. Pull tightly and roll!
Wrap and freeze! Wrap the burrito up nice and tight in the tin foil. Lay them flat in a gallon-sized zip-lock freezer bag. You can fit about 3 per bag.
When you’re ready to eat, Unwrap the burrito and microwave on high for a minute or so, until warmed through. Or, if you have a little more time, heat in a toaster oven at at 325°F for about 15 minutes. You can store these beauties in the freezer for up to 3 months, so you should totally make a double batch!