1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a medium bowl, combine the salsa and green chiles. In a second medium bowl, combine the sour cream, refried beans and taco seasoning.
3. In the bottom of a 9x13 inch casserole dish, spoon one quarter of the salsa mixture creating the bottom layer. Rip one tortilla into strips and place them on top of the salsa. Spoon one third of the bean mixture on top of the salsa. Top with 1 cup of shredded cheese.
4. Repeat the layers as follows two times: 1 tortilla, one quarter salsa mixture, one third bean mixture and one cup cheese. Then rip the last tortilla into strips, placing it on top of the cheese and cover that with the remaining salsa mixture
5. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until cheese has melted. Let cool for 5 minutes before serving. Garnish with diced green onions.
If freezing, cover with plastic wrap and then foil after preparing before placing the entire dish in the freezer. Let the casserole thaw before cooking. Then cook it in the oven at 350 degrees F for 20-25 minutes or until cheese has melted. Let cool for 5 minutes before serving. Garnish with diced green onions.