1. Heat up a jar of tomato sauce and chopped up cooked sausage in a saucepan.
2. Slice eggplant into thin strips, and coat in flour, egg, and panko breadcrumbs; season with salt and pepper.
3. Heat a large skillet with olive oil and cook battered eggplant in batches until crispy.
4. Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook lasagna noodles until al dente (being careful not to break the noodles).
5. In a mixing bowl, combine ricotta, half the mozzarella and parmesan cheese, and oregano; season with salt and pepper.
6. Once all of the components are prepared, it’s time to assemble the rolls. Coat the bottom of a baking dish with several scoops of sausage-tomato sauce.
7. Roll out a piece of lasagna and spread a spoon of the ricotta cheese mixture down the center and place 2- eggplant strips, leaving about 1 inch of noodle at the end clear to close up the roll. Roll tightly, and place upright in the baking dish.
8. Repeat until all of the ingredients are used and rolls fill the baking dish.
9. Cover with more tomato sauce, remaining mozzarella cheese, and more parmesan if desired.
10. Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes until bubbly, serve with more sauce if desired.
If freezing this dish, cover tightly with foil (or make in a container with an air-tight lid). To heat, remove from freezer and bake at 350 for 50-60 minutes, until center is hot and sauce is bubbling.