Chicken Tacos with Cabbage, Avocado Salsa and Lime Cream
Prep time 10 minutes
Cook time 10 minutes
Ready in 15 minutes
Makes 4 servings
- 12 oz chicken breast fajita strips
- 2 cups shredded red cabbage
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 avocados, diced
- 1/2 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 lime, half zested and juiced, other half in wedges
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 8 soft tacos, warmed
- 1/2 cup crumbled queso blanco
- 2 tbsp sliced jalapeño peppers (optional)
1. Heat chicken strips according to package directions. Meanwhile, combine cabbage and mayonnaise and season with salt (in moderation) and pepper.
2. Finely chop half the cilantro leaves and mix with diced avocado, onion and lime juice (to taste).
3. Mix sour cream with lime zest and season with salt (in moderation) and pepper.
4. Fill each taco with cabbage slaw, chicken strips and avocado salsa. Top with queso blanco, jalapeños (if using) and the rest of the cilantro. Serve with sour cream and lime wedges.
If you can’t find queso blanco (a fresh white Mexican cheese), feta makes a good substitute.
499 calories, 30g fat, 10g saturated fat, 1mg cholesterol, 803mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate, 8g fiber, 5g sugars, 30g protein