1. In a medium bowl, beat together ¼ cup of the milk with the egg yolks, half the sugar and all of the corn starch.
2. In a small sauce pan, heat the remaining cup of milk with the remaining sugar and the scraped vanilla seeds with the pod.
3. Heat to a simmer then remove the pod and discard.
4. While whipping, slowly add the hot milk to the egg mixture, making sure you whip continually.
5. Then pour the mixture back into the pan and heat just until it thickens up (which should be very quickly).
6. Lower to low heat, add the softened cream cheese and beat with the whip while cooking for about one minute to form a thick creamy custard. (Note: You can add more milk to the finished custard to make it thinner of you wish to form a creamier less firm consistency.)
7. Pour custard into a bowl, cover with plastic wrap pushing down so the plastic wrap rests against the surface of the custard. (This will prevent a skin from forming.) Refrigerate and cool completely.
8. Mix the four fruits in a medium bowl.
9. Once the custard has cooled, heat your grill (or a ribbed grill pan if grilling indoors) to medium heat.
10. Butter one side of each piece of pound cake and place on the hot grill. Then butter the tops while they grill. The pound cake will brown very quickly, so keep checking one piece. Flip and brown the other buttered side then remove to a platter.
11. To serve, place two pieces of grilled pound cake on a small dessert dish, top with a spoonful of custard, then top with fresh fruit mixture.