1. Mix all marinade ingredients except chicken in a medium bowl and set aside.
2. Cut the thighs into strips about a half inch wide.
3. Place chicken strips into marinade and marinate refrigerated for two hours.
4. Soak about 12 eight-inch wooden skewers submerged in water while the chicken marinates.
5. Mix all sauce ingredients and set aside.
6. Skewer 2-3 pieces of chicken onto each skewer by poking one end with the skewer and weaving it in and out through each piece.
7. Once complete, pat the skewers with paper towels to remove any excess marinade. Discard the marinade.
8. Heat grill (a large ribbed grill pan may be used indoors) to high heat and once hot, brush with a little peanut oil.
9. Lay the skewers across the ribs and grill about 3-4 minutes each side.
10. Use a fork and push the cooked meat off of the skewers and serve with Satay sauce.