1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray an 8x8-inch baking pan with baking spray and line with parchment paper.
2. Make the blondies. Melt half the butter in a saucepan over low heat. Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
3. Meanwhile, halve 1 vanilla pod lengthwise and scrape out the seeds with the tip of a knife. Combine seeds with 3 eggs and granulated sugar in the bowl of a standing mixer and whisk for 5 min. With mixer running, add melted butter in a thin stream.
4. Chop the white chocolate finely. Sift 1/2 cup flour, 1/2 tsp baking powder and pinch salt over the mixing bowl and mix in cream cheese, white chocolate and macadamia nuts until batter is smooth. Pour into the pan. Bake for about 30 min. Remove from oven and let cool. Leave the oven on.
5. While the blondies are baking, make the brownies. Chop the chocolate finely. In a saucepan, melt the remaining butter. Remove from heat and add the chocolate, stirring until it melts.
6. Halve the remaining vanilla pod lengthwise and scrape out the seeds with the tip of a knife. In a standing mixer, whisk the seeds with the remaining eggs and brown sugar for 5 min. Mix in the melted chocolate.
7. Remove the blondies from pan. Spray the baking pan again with baking spray and line with parchment paper.
8. Sift remaining 1/2 cup flour, 1/2 tsp baking powder and pinch salt over the bowl and mix to combine. Spread 2/3of the batter in the pan. Drop peanut butter by teaspoons over batter. Top with remaining batter.
9. Bake brownies 20 min. Remove from oven and let cool. Remove brownies from pan. Using a sieve, dus brownies with cocoa powder and blondies with icing sugar.
10 Cut brownies and blondies into 16 squares each and arrange in a checkerboard pattern.
226 calories, 16g fat, 6g saturated fat, 62mg cholesterol, 125mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate, 1g fiber, 13g sugars, 4g protein