1. To make queso Cheese, heat olive oil in a medium saucepan; add onion and garlic and sauté until the onions are softened, but do not let brown, about 3-4 minutes. Add chicken broth, cashew milk, chopped tomato, green chilies and pickled jalapeno peppers; bring to a simmer, then let cook 10 minutes, covered.
2. Meanwhile, toss together shredded cheddar cheese, pepper jack cheese and cornstarch in a medium bowl. Gradually add cheese mixture in saucepan, stirring well until cheese is melted; turn off heat.
3. To make guacamole, mash avocado; add lime juice and salt and mix well; spread on bottom of serving platter.
4. Spoon queso cheese on top.
5. Garnish with tomatoes, scallion and cilantro, if desired.
6. Serve with carrot sticks, celery sticks and assorted bell pepper strips.