1. In a small bowl, combine salt, (1/2 tablespoon) chili powder, pepper, (1 teaspoon) garlic powder, parsley, oregano, smoked paprika and cumin. Mix to combine then rub all over the pork shoulder. Place the shoulder fat side up in a large crock pot and cook on low for 8-9 hours until it becomes tender.
2. Once cooked, use a large ladle to discard three ladles of the pork fat and juices.
3. Shred the pork with two forks and then add in the chicken stock, diced tomatoes, beans, onion, jalapeno, (1 tablespoon) chili powder and (2 teaspoons) garlic powder.
4. Stir to combine and place the lid on and cook on high for four hours and season to taste as the chili cooks.
5. Remove the lid for the last 30 minutes of cooking and top with tortilla chips, chopped green onion and cheddar cheese.