Spicy Chicken Tagine
Prep time 5 minutes
Cook time 10 minutes
Ready in 15 minutes
Makes 4 servings
- 1 (10 oz) box couscous
- 1 onion
- 2 large carrots, scrubbed
- 1 zucchini, halved lengthwise
- 1/2 (1 lb) package Nature’s Promise chicken tenders
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon,
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 (14 oz) canned diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
1. Prepare couscous according to package directions. Peel, halve and slice the onion, dice the carrots and thinly slice the zucchini. Cut the chicken tenders into strips. Heat the oil in a large frying pan. Sauté the onion for 2 min. Add the chicken and cook for another 2 min.
2. Add the zucchini and carrot to the pan and cook for 2 min. Add the spices and tomatoes. Bring to a boil and cook the tagine, covered, for 5 min., or until chicken and vegetables are tender.
3. Fluff couscous with a fork. Add the cilantro, salt (in moderation) and pepper. Serve tagine over couscous.
Replace cilantro with 1/4 cup chopped mint.
468 calories, 9g fat, 1g saturated fat, 36mg cholesterol, 285mg sodium, 72g carbohydrate, 8g fiber, 9g sugar, 24g protein